Friday, March 23, 2012

Full Steam Ahead.

Like, ohmahgah. Something new.

First things first: 13B will be in L.A. at the end of April and beginning of May for the Indie Music Channel's award show. This will be their first ever award show, and it will be an annual event ever after. So, any of our peeps who kick it in L.A. need to hit us up and let us know when we can meet up.

Along those same lines, WE ARE SO EXCITED WE COULD PEE. We will find out today (waugh!) if we are up for any awards. Cross your fingers. And toes. And eyes. And anything that can be crossed. In the meantime, we are learning to make our clothes by hand. For those of you who don't know us that well yet, we are into Steampunk. Don't know what that means? Imagine this: bringing technology back in time, if you will. So, think about the Victorian time period with all the nifty things that make life worth living today. Or, in another way, imagine how the world would have evolved without oil. Steam power, cogs, clocks, gears, airships, awesome hair, deliciously detailed fabrics and clothes. Le sigh. It's heaven, if you ask me. And you did, because you're reading our blog.

Focus.

Back to learning how to sew. I am learning to make a bustle to wear at the awards show (oh yeah, we'll be Steampunked to the hilt). I looked on Etsy at all the loveliness available, but I've been wanting to learn how to do this anyway, so I jumped in with both feet and hands. I am, however, doing a Practice Bustle, and I thought I would share some Work In Progress pics:





If you want to know what full-blown Steampunk looks like, I'll leave you with a few choice links. Enjoy!


Steampunked Girls

Steampunked Boys

 Other Steampunked Stuff

Another take on Steampunk: What is Steampunk?

No comments: